Adding the meaning to GIS
woGIS semantics is a group of researchers focused on issues associated with the development of Geosemantic Web and Linked Open Geodata. Our goal is to bring machine readable semantics into traditional Geographic Information Systems.
Main subjects of our research:
- enriching SDI with semantic capabilities,
- geospatial ontologies,
- semantic interoperability and automated data harmonization,
- spatial decision support systems,
- semantically annotated spatial documents,
- semantic spatial metadata.
Currently we are working on a project “Modeling of spatial objects and phenomena and relation between them with the use of ontologies and semantic networks for land management” funded by Polish National Science Centre.
About woGIS semantics
woGIS semantics group is hosted at Institute of Geodesy and Geoinformatics, Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences.